PLEASE HELP - my desert tortoise cannot walk

timaishu

Sad news you guys, the Xrays show she has a bladder stone that takes up half the bladder and then a second smaller stone. And this is causing intestinal blockage. He recommends we euthanize the turtle as she is suffering greatly, he doesn't think she could survive the surgery. She was frothing at the mouse again this morning I guess as well. :(

I don't know how or if this could have been avoidable, but I hope to learn more tomorrow. But I can say for sure this is all coincidence with the other turtle and that this would have happened regardless.

puffy137

Sad news you guys, the Xrays show she has a bladder stone that takes up half the bladder and then a second smaller stone. And this is causing intestinal blockage. He recommends we euthanize the turtle as she is suffering greatly, he doesn't think she could survive the surgery. She was frothing at the mouse again this morning I guess as well. :(

I don't know how or if this could have been avoidable, but I hope to learn more tomorrow. But I can say for sure this is all coincidence with the other turtle and that this would have happened regardless.
Sorry about your pet. There was nothing you could have done different. However you have proved yourself to be a caring person . Pleased to meet you & the best of luck in future.

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Sorry for your loss. Did your tortoise have a constant water source?

Ciri

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson
I am so sorry to hear of your loss! These tortoises are so precious - it's very hard to endure. I know as I just lost one myself. You obviously did everything you could for her. I'm sure she had a good life while she was on the planet with you. Best wishes.