please tell me if I have anything I can improve on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
We all love our torts and want the best for them. that is why i am posting everything i do for tanker. i need to make sure i am doing everything right.
I give tanker a bath two times a week in warm water, then i use a baby toothbrush and scrub him down and then dry him with a wash cloth. I bring him outside for sun and exercise an hour at a time if its nice out. if i can't bring him outside i let him roam around in my apartment. he gets fed sometimes spring mix, most of the time ill get a head of one of the kinds of lettuces off the list like red leaf/ green leaf lettuce, endive i think its called, mustard greens etc. i also give him carrots and broccoli every once in a while. he has had prickly pear cactus, banana, and apple like once a month for a treat.
these r what i use and his enclosure:100MEDIA$IMAG0848.jpg100MEDIA$IMAG0850.jpg100MEDIA$IMAG0851.jpg
it is a old dresser flipped over with a shower curtain and tarp inside. there is soil, coco coir inside along with two hides one on the cool side and one on the warm side. temps are 95-100 on hot side and 75-80 on cool side. at night its about 60-70.

Last edited by a moderator:

tortoiselover+breeder1234

5 Year Member
Sounds good to me! Although I am new at this... Maybe wash him once more time a week? So 3 times? And maybe 1 and a half hours might be a little better.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Most of it sounds good to me. Depending on age I may soak more often. I am sure u have done your research on care. My russian is 8 so she don't get soaked as often but she has a dish of water to soak at will. I also give mine apple once in a while, she loves it, and I give her carrots every so often as the exotic vet told me they would help with her skin peeling so badly. When I first got her last year she was in bad shape, she is much better now. Best of luck to u both! :) And remember, the more real sun the better! Just make sure there is a place to get out of it if your tort gets to hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.