quick out door enclosure???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
hey everyone!
I feel like a bad mommy. I have done everything in my power to give Tanker a good life. bigger enclousure, i change the layout once a week so its different. i bring him outside and i let him run around my appartment. however I still feel like a bad mommy because I wish I could let him stay outside in an enclosure but i am so afraid an animal or person is going to hurt him. I live in upstate ny where the weather is not 100% perfect. will the rain hurt him? what can i do about people or pets? should his enclosure be half in the sun and half out? please help.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I live in the Albany area. My adult Russian is outside 24/7. The rain will not hurt him, but he needs a shelter to get out of the rain if he is chooses. Half sun half shade is a good idea, even on upstate NY the ground temperature in the sun gets hot! You do need to take care to make the enclosure secure from predators. Look around at some pics of others enclosures to get some ideas, it doesn't take a lot of money to set something up :) It would be so good for your tort to spend as much time as possible outside.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Look at Laurie's enclosures, they are very secure and well designed!

And yes, a small cold frame attached (if you want) to the enclosure with a pass through door allows for a dry area too, that warms up quickly. Too hot in the summer, but works Spring and Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.