Pneumonia

Meggy500

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
What are the chances of my cherry head baby surviving pneumonia? I took her to the vet this morning and they started her on antibiotics. Do not buy the zoo med hygo therm. It stopped working properly but was still reading the accurate temps so I didn't think anything of it until she became lethargic. So upset... my boyfriend got me her for Christmas. Hoping she will make it...

aqualungs

Perry, OH
What are the chances of my cherry head baby surviving pneumonia? I took her to the vet this morning and they started her on antibiotics. Do not buy the zoo med hygo therm. It stopped working properly but was still reading the accurate temps so I didn't think anything of it until she became lethargic. So upset... my boyfriend got me her for Christmas. Hoping she will make it...

What does your cage setup look like? Open top or closed? What kind of heating elements and for you have a tube stYle UVB lamp. What is your substrate. What is your feeding schedule and variety of foods being provided. I’m so sorry I hope your baby pulls through.

aqualungs

Perry, OH
Also temps and humidity when you get a proper gauge. I have 4.
Your enclosure and accommodations are what could have caused, and what may help to give your baby more of a chance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
With a vet care and antibiotics, chances are good the tortoise will recover. In order for it to not happen again, it would help us to help you if we can see pictures of your enclosure and its occupant, what kind of light you're using, etc.