poooping tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samparker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
ok, i dont mean to embarrace icckle baxter, but it seams that when i have him on my knee or on my chest he poos! i dont no how to take this and you guys being the experts i wanted to no if there is a reason for this? is he relaxed is it his way of telling me to f*#k off and put him back on his tortoise tabe or what.

sorry for the gory bits i justdont no what it means

thanks
Sam

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Perhaps your warm body gives him the edge he needs to let it go? May want to check your overall enclosure temps.

Perhaps he is a little stressed...tortoise can feel vibrations exceptionally well...if he is on your chest and you speak---maybe that startles him?

:D

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
well i would assume its because he has to well go to the potty!
I cant say ive ever played with my turts as say i would with my little dogs they dont usually "like" it and mine somtimes do expell their bowls when i pick them up :shy:

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
imagine being a little creature that is comfortable being safely snug tight in a hiding place. Along comes a big scary monster that brings food. "ooh yum food is coming" "wait huh no food? huh what are you doingggg???ahhhhh? put me down!!"

you put him down on your chest, staring face to face and he has no way of escaping, nowhere to go. oh $H!T...and that he does.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
pdrobber said:
imagine being a little creature that is comfortable being safely snug tight in a hiding place. Along comes a big scary monster that brings food. "ooh yum food is coming" "wait huh no food? huh what are you doingggg???ahhhhh? put me down!!"

you put him down on your chest, staring face to face and he has no way of escaping, nowhere to go. oh $H!T...and that he does.

LMBO!! that's great.

Shorty poops if I pick him up so i only pick him up to give him soaks or move him to the outside enclosure.

Jim Dellamaggiore

5 Year Member
Samparker said:
ok, i dont mean to embarrace icckle baxter, but it seams that when i have him on my knee or on my chest he poos! i dont no how to take this and you guys being the experts i wanted to no if there is a reason for this? is he relaxed is it his way of telling me to f*#k off and put him back on his tortoise tabe or what.

sorry for the gory bits i justdont no what it means

thanks
Sam

Sam,
Could be your diet and/or over-feeding.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.