PooP

AquaIce

Location (City and/or State)
Dunlap, IN
Ok so, my little guy eats very well. I have only seen him pee once (he was eating and he was in his dish and I seen him pee) but I have not seen any poop? we have only had him for 4 days. Is this normal? There was poop in the container we brought him home in. He is a little red foot he is my profile picture

Bambam1989

East Texas
Ok so, my little guy eats very well. I have only seen him pee once (he was eating and he was in his dish and I seen him pee) but I have not seen any poop? we have only had him for 4 days. Is this normal? There was poop in the container we brought him home in. He is a little red foot he is my profile picture
Have you been giving warm daily soaks?
A tub or bowl that he is not able to climb out of filled with warm water (90-100F) to just past where the top and bottom shell meet. As the water cools replace it with more warm water, I would aim for 30minutes. Soaking ensures hydration and helps stimulate him to poop.
Hope this helps

Bambam1989

East Texas
O by the way, if your tort acts like you dropped him in a tub of acid when you try to soak him. It's ok. The exercise will help work that poop out.
If soaking does not work then my next assumption would be that your temps may be off (a little too cool) in your enclosure.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Luke warm is usually in the 90s. Use a thermometer to check.
My personal recommendation is to never let the water fall below 85 F.