Pooping and peeing a lot?

kayteelc

My tortoise Sheldon has been very messy lately, he pees and poops all over his cage and in his water. This has only started recently, before he didn't really make much of a mess at all. I'm worried he may be sick or that I've done something wrong ): I've only had him for 4 and a half weeks. I cleaned his cage a few days ago and the next day his water bowl was filled with poop and he pooped in his food bowl and peed everywhere, it was just a mess! I don't know what to do /:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think that's just a tort being a tort. My leopard used to always poop in his water, it was great, kept his enclosure much cleaner. Now, about a month or so ago, he poops every place except the water. He is 3 1/2 years. Why now, because he wants too

(r.t)

Spain
When i bought my tort he also pooped and peed all over the place in his water, now he is much cleaner and a few days ago he also started to pooo and lee like mad but then he goese back to normal its nothing to worry about :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yep. Tortoises poop. A lot. My russian changes his poop habites very day, I have to scrumage around to find the things o_O
Hahaha, you should see how much poop a sulcata produces! Your torts mall piles are very mild :D

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
My tortoise Sheldon has been very messy lately, he pees and poops all over his cage and in his water. This has only started recently, before he didn't really make much of a mess at all. I'm worried he may be sick or that I've done something wrong ): I've only had him for 4 and a half weeks. I cleaned his cage a few days ago and the next day his water bowl was filled with poop and he pooped in his food bowl and peed everywhere, it was just a mess! I don't know what to do /:

Maybe he is pooing and peeing more because he is happier, better feed, comfortable in his new home... I think as long as the poo and pee consistency is normal, there probably isn't anything to be worried about.

RainsOn

5 Year Member
NE OK
I freak if I can't find Digger's poo. I like to know what is going in is coming out.