Possible constipation?

gozzilla

I have hatchling sulcata, and it has been eating very well and pooping at least once a day. However, the past couple of days it hasn't seemed to have pooped. I understand that they sometimes eat their own poop, but how can I tell if it is doing this? And also, if he is constipated how could I help ease this? I soak him for 20 minutes every day in warm water. And I also gave him two medium pieces if lettuce to see if this would help him (just incase he is slightly dehydrated or anything). The only other thing I could think to mention would be his diet, which is mainly grasses, clover, whute clover, and collard/mustard/turnip greens as a occasional treat.

gozzilla

Also the temps are 83 cool side, around 85 warm side, and basking spot between 95 and 100. Humity levels stay between 60 and 80 percent.

M

Maggie Cummings

collard/mustard/turnip greens have a lot of oxilates in them.Right now I am having 2 tortoises passing huge hard stones. Best read the better things for them to eat. I sure am changing my guys diet....I've two different tortoises passing huge stones and vocalizng like crazy.....

gozzilla

collard/mustard/turnip greens have a lot of oxilates in them.Right now I am having 2 tortoises passing huge hard stones. Best read the better things for them to eat. I sure am changing my guys diet....I've two different tortoises passing huge stones and vocalizng like crazy.....
His main diet is grass and weeds, the greens are once every couple of weeks and even then it's very tiny amounts that I hand feed lol. What are the reasons for vocalizing? Mine only does this when im soaking him.

gozzilla

also i have recently started giving calcium supplements, could that have caused this?

WendyJae

Aloe Vera cactus helps sooooo much with their constipation it works every time for my Kooper.