POSTING PROBLEMS-DO YOU KNOW WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is what I get sometimes when I am posting to a thread.

Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (currently 87).

Does anyone know why? It's not my thread when this happens, i will just be trying to post a comment. The subject/title line is not for me to decide.

Does anyone else ever get this?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Was it on the thread asking about letting his/her turtles walk around on the floor? That's the one it happened on for me. I also had it happen one other time before Christmas, but not since until now.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
yes.
I asked why he would want his turtle to walk around on the carpet, it is a safety issue, will stress out the poor thing and yes, it could spread illness, but to always wash his hands.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
That is he same thing it did to me! the post about the floor! what is going on?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think his/her title is too long. However, I don't know why it stops us from posting. It should stop him/her from posting the thread without shortening the title. Just my guess.

Laura said:
yes.
I asked why he would want his turtle to walk around on the carpet, it is a safety issue, will stress out the poor thing and yes, it could spread illness, but to always wash his hands.

I sent a pm. I am for the walking around on the floor. However, I did warn of the safety of them eating things and that the floor is much colder then the ambient temps. I do let mine walk around for excersize, as I live in a cold state, however, I don't do it often and I am laying on the floor with him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I got this either yesterday or the day before...however, the subject title WAS too long, and being a moderator I just shortened it. I wondered how the OP was able to post the thread with the long subject line, but really didn't let it get to me. I've moved this thread to the "help and feedback" section, and maybe Josh will see it and explain.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you Yvonne. I wondered the same thing. How he the op could post it but we couldn't post on it. Weird:D

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
The only problem I ever have is only when I am posting from my iphone. If the post is too long it just stops and I can't add more

Status
Not open for further replies.