Pothos or similar plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
I would love to add some pothos to my sulcata enclosures but seen they were high in oxalic acid. Just wondering what some good plants were that would be like that, I like how they could hide under it and such. Thanks :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lots of us uses the pothos. You can also use Boston fern, wondering Jew. That's all I can think of at the moment. Look on tortoisetable.org for more.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Pothos is an ok plant for some species. Not sulcatas though. I are you looking for shelter or edible plants?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm with Kelly on this one. Pathos is native to South America, and so it would be perfectly fine to include in the redfooted's habitat. But since sulcatas are eating machines, and pathos is not something they would normally have to eat, plus what you said about it being high in oxalates, I would not use it in a sulcata habitat.

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
I was looking for both, kind of a plant my sully can eat or hide under if she chooses. Ill check into the fern and such though

I see the wandering jew is both a native food and also high in the acid, would this be ok still?

Status
Not open for further replies.