Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
RE: What do people do? (power outage)

Richsandwich said:
I bought about 6 packs of hand warmer's and a styrofoam cooler just in case. If all else fails my jeep is like a tank and I will brave the 30inches of snow and bring Louie to a house with a generator.

Which state are you in?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York

I think they said that CT and Mass. are going to get it worse than we are in NY. I hope you guys will be OK. You can't even get in the stores here. People are preparing for the worse. It's so sad, because there are still so many people here living in tents with no heat after Sandy, and now this. Half the tents were blown away with the last storm. Empty store's have been turned into homeless shelters. I don't even want to think what this storm will do. I've got my water bottles all ready now for the indoor enclosures. I only have three...Pio, Solo and two little Box Turtles in one tank. Some of my friends have had to foster out their tortoises and turtles until their homes get fixed.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT

terryo said:
I think they said that CT and Mass. are going to get it worse than we are in NY. I hope you guys will be OK. You can't even get in the stores here. People are preparing for the worse. It's so sad, because there are still so many people here living in tents with no heat after Sandy, and now this. Half the tents were blown away with the last storm. Empty store's have been turned into homeless shelters. I don't even want to think what this storm will do. I've got my water bottles all ready now for the indoor enclosures. I only have three...Pio, Solo and two little Box Turtles in one tank. Some of my friends have had to foster out their tortoises and turtles until their homes get fixed.

That is terrible Terry! I had no idea people were actually living in tents!

Richsandwich

5 Year Member

Update my streak of no power outages continues. It's better to be safe than sorry to prepare for the worst. Thanks for all the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.