Pre Built Tortoise Enclosure?

Zac919

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Is there any place you guys would recommend that I could buy a pre built indoor enclosure for my fully grown Red Footed Tortoise? If not what will I need for building one?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
That's a tough one, Zac. I'll tag a couple redfoot owners for you.
@Toddrickfl1
@ZEROPILOT

The problem is that you need to maintain high humidity for RF, at the same time keeping them warm and giving enough space to walk. I think you would need a closed chamber instead of a tort table, and it's difficult to find something that large for a full grown tort.

My only suggestion would be to contact @Markw84 and see if 2 of his enclosures could work.

Hopefully the 2 members I tagged will have more ideas.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I don't think you'll find something premade big enough for an adult redfoot. You'll need at least 8x4, preferably bigger. A closed chamber that size is not always feasible but you'll need to do what you can to boost humidity, spraying, plants, etc. I built my Torts indoor enclosure in the basement because it stays more humid down there. It might be hard also to keep the entire enclosure the same temp if you have something open. I compensated for this by adding a dog house that's maintained at 84F and a basking spot so my tort always has somewhere to keep warm. This is my enclosure. I just built it out of a couple sheets of plywood and a tarp on the bottom to protect the wood.IMG_20210307_152227265.jpg