pretty neat enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
Haha! I had been emailing this lady a lot last week getting all the specifics on it. I ALMOST got it BUT for $200 there is a lot of modifications I would need to make. She did not keep her baby sullys humid. I think in one pic you can see one of them. There is no way to hold in humidity and no way to heat the night box other than removing the "sun deck". And the ramp needs some sides and I would want it to be not as steep. Other than that its perfect though! Good size, easy to clean, completely sealed... I'm sure it cost her a lot of money and is of very good quality but it just wasn't practical for my babies right now.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
lol good points! I was looking at it and then looking at the tubs I have my guys in and thought.... looks a lot better then what I have lol. mine are only inside the cold months. they spend most of the year outside so I dont need a fancy indoor tortoise house :).

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
LuckysGirl007 said:
Haha! I had been emailing this lady a lot last week getting all the specifics on it. I ALMOST got it BUT for $200 there is a lot of modifications I would need to make. She did not keep her baby sullys humid. I think in one pic you can see one of them. There is no way to hold in humidity and no way to heat the night box other than removing the "sun deck". And the ramp needs some sides and I would want it to be not as steep. Other than that its perfect though! Good size, easy to clean, completely sealed... I'm sure it cost her a lot of money and is of very good quality but it just wasn't practical for my babies right now.

Holy cow that was a sulcata in the picture? Poor thing. Dry as a bone, no water dish! I was trying to figure out what kind of tort that was!!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Yea...when I asked how she kept it humid she told me they were desert torts and needed it dry. :(. I have mine in tubs too...did make it two levels though. I thought of having my hubby make a wooded case that the plastic tubs could fit into. Then to clean you just have to lift out the tubs and you don't have to worry about sealing it. Plus, it would look nicer than what I have!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was going to say the same thing. It's beautiful, BUT, lot of changes would have to be made just for humidity alone.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
slap a lid on the left side with an opening for the light on it, add a hinge and a guard wall to the ramp, use a drill and a root-zip to cut the front off the hide area and slide in a Tupperware type hide, a little thin acrylic over the the pergola style side and vuala... humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.