Prickley Pear Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
Had to stop by the grocery today to get more greens for my little ones. While there I noticed that Mangoes were on sale. So as I was reaching for the Mangoes... there I saw it. Prickley Pear Fruit..what a bargain (or so I think) 5 for $1. Yep, I got my RF's some. Couldn't wait to get home to try them out. I mixed then with the greens and Mangoes... wasn't a big hit, but I was glad I was able to offer some variety.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
DixieParadise said:
Had to stop by the grocery today to get more greens for my little ones. While there I noticed that Mangoes were on sale. So as I was reaching for the Mangoes... there I saw it. Prickley Pear Fruit..what a bargain (or so I think) 5 for $1. Yep, I got my RF's some. Couldn't wait to get home to try them out. I mixed then with the greens and Mangoes... wasn't a big hit, but I was glad I was able to offer some variety.

I went and got some cactus yesterday and found the same deal on the prickly pear fruit. The cactus I got was 4lbs for $2...

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Wow, that sounds like a better deal. Where did you find that deal? I also noticed that my neighbor has a spineless cactus in their front yard. I am tempted to go ask if I can have a pad off it. What can they tell me, no?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
We have a Mexican market down from our house called Elrods and they are always running specials on cactus pads by the pound...

Status
Not open for further replies.