Probiotic

baker27

5 Year Member
Can anyone recommend a probiotic for Greek tortoise? Gus was on Baytril for a few weeks, he has since recovered but only eating very little every few days. I'm thinking the antibiotic did a number on his belly. He is drinking and I'm still soaking him everyday. Thanks in advance!

Kori5

I would soak him daily in baby carrot as it has helped me a lot. Mix 1 jar of baby food in his warm soak and leave him for 30 min (water needs to stay warmish). And you may wanna get reptoboost as Joesmum suggested :). I heard it helps sluggish torts.

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
Can anyone recommend a probiotic for Greek tortoise? Gus was on Baytril for a few weeks, he has since recovered but only eating very little every few days. I'm thinking the antibiotic did a number on his belly. He is drinking and I'm still soaking him everyday. Thanks in advance!
If you got another healthy Greek tort get his poop an feed it to Gus. That's the best probiotic ;)Give him time, sometimes months are needed to recover. Also try feeding him treats, mayby he developed pickiness while being sick. Bit of cucumber or dandie flowers will not hurt little guy ;)