Puffy eyes...lighting or substrate?

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Just trying to figure out why Rosie (3 month leopard hatchling)20200420_062335.jpghas puffy eyes she's had puffy eyes for a few days now the Breeders said it's probably either lighting like too much UV light or the substrate so today I'm going to try only 3 hours of the UV light maybe get her outside into the Sun during the week since temperatures are getting up in the 80s to 90s outside

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
What type of uvb bulb are u using and what is the distance from the tort?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Could be many things.. vitamin A deficiency, irritation, eye infection. If you can take a pic of his enclosure ppl may give u a better idea whats going on. @Tom

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I dont think its the uvb. What are u using for substrate? Its hard to see in the pic

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
U can try flushing eyes with saline solution and giving him a warm soak in 50% baby carrot food 50% warm water for 45 min.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
U can try flushing eyes with saline solution and giving him a warm soak in 50% baby carrot food 50% warm water for 45 min.
I can definitely soak her in the carrot bath and do you just use saline from the health Products isle at the store? I'm assuming the carrot just to make sure she's getting vitamin A correct?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Yes. It’ll help sooth her eyes as well. Fill so the soak is about half way up her shell