Puffy eyes

Keelz78

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
0B073D27-3657-4161-8565-BC0688110169.png I have no idea if I have managed to post a picture correctly? My female Horsefield is 3-4 years old I’ve had her for about a week I have improved her diet and substrate she now has a bath once a day etc, she needs a beak trim I will book an appointment ASAP, I have a mini coil uv bulb I know it’s the same type she had before she came to live me I was wondering if this is what is making her eyes puffy??
Any advise would be much appreciated

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Yes those coil bulbs have been known to cause eye problems. I'd get rid of it right away and get a fluorescent tube uvb light. Arcadia makes very nice ones.

Keelz78

Manchester
  • 1087E3DE-7277-4CD3-AD97-1F1226E413F9.png
    Yes those coil bulbs have been known to cause eye problems. I'd get rid of it right away and get a fluorescent tube uvb light. Arcadia makes very nice ones.
Great thank you! I have never used tube lights before? What watt would I need to use please? Would this be any good?

Last edited:

Stoneman

Pacific Northwest, United States
Arcadia is what I believe is the preferred bulb, I could be wrong, but @Tom has a page where he states the recommended care for indian stars, and in that page he describes the best straight bulbs to use.

It could also be an issue with humidy. I would add a humid hide ( a plastic box with a wet sponge attached to the top) so that he has somewhere extra humid to go.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California