Pyramiding

Bridgebob

Location (City and/or State)
Arlington, Virginia
Bob, how old is your EBT??? You are going to lengths for her!!!

jeff
She is still a baby - maybe 3-4 years old.

I do make her food. She loves eggs, fruit and reptivite. Boil the eggs and keep the shell on and crush them. I mix them with fruit. It maybe cheaper than reptile food at the pet store.

You can freeze the food.

Baby EBTs need a lot of protein so she is like all kids, she won't eat her veggies.

Chip's mom

Philadelphia
View attachment 337467Try as I might to have super smooth shell growth the guys are pyramiding a bit. I have to assume it’s from to quick growth. Conditions in the enclosure have been ideal. It’s an 8 foot box with the hot end at 100-104 with humidity at 45-50%, degrees he middle is at 83-85 with humidity at 65% give or take but only 2% more or less, cool end sits at 77-80 with humidity at 80%. The only other issue I have had so far were a couple of them have some spots from moisture on them heir plastrons and since then I’ve poured water in the corners until the he humidity goes to where I want it. I’m hey have been soaked every day except for 3 days since I’ve had them which has been around 5 months now I guess lol. Anyone got a guess other than to quick growth? The sides are smooth as can be but the top is clearly pyramiding. View attachment 337467
We have a hatchling now. Our breeder advised around 85% in closed chamber (a little hotter right under the lamp) and humidity around 80%. Ours is too small still to see how it's going in terms of pyramiding but that is what he recommended. He also recommended the closed chamber for at least 3 months and after that a vivarium kept moist, not an open table for a while.

Bridgebob

Arlington, Virginia
EBTs are really tough. I fed her mango today and she just went after them!

They have survived the East Coast weather for millions of years. So they can survive a lot of abuse.

Mine got run over by a bicycle and is missing a front leg.

I house her in Coconut scraps in a luxury wood condo. AND SHE LOVES HER SUN LAMP!

Turtles/Tortoises are the ultimate sun bathers!

She gets really bitchy sometimes.