Pyramids

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie99

5 Year Member
A lot of people have been saying about mangos pyramids and how i need to change the bedding to make the pyramids go away so I have changed the bedding and it's been awhile and there's no change, I have tried to make it humid but its not working.I read on the Internet about lack of exercise can cause pyramids so today I built a run round play area for mango. Is there anything else I can do? I also put the heat up if that's any help ? :)

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
Okay, keep humidity up, I believe for a red foot that means 80% or higher, I'm not really sure because I don't know much about Redfoots. However once pyramiding starts you can prevent it from getting worse, but it will never go away, it may fade as the tortoise grows, but what is already there will never flatten out.

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Spn785 said:
Okay, keep humidity up, I believe for a red foot that means 80% or higher, I'm not really sure because I don't know much about Redfoots. However once pyramiding starts you can prevent it from getting worse, but it will never go away, it may fade as the tortoise grows, but what is already there will never flatten out.

Agreed

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
leonardo the tmnt said:
Spn785 said:

Agreed

I also agree. I also have never heard of lack of exercise to cause pyramiding. That said, your tortoise should have the biggest enclosure possible and should be outside whenever the temps permit.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Absolutely.....poor diet, lack of exercise, not enough humidity, not enough hydration, and no or not enough natural sunlight. Or similar...this is what causes pyramiding.. it called poor husbandry. In order to correct the issue you have to correct the problems. And exercise is part of it.....humidity should never be below 80% make a humid hide with moss in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.