Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
I came across this video on Youtube

http://youtu.be/M5K5qbi9sM0

The sulcatas look like they are just hatching and are at a reptile show (it seems). I thought the eggs had to stay in the incubator for a certain amount of time even after they hatched before letting the babies out. Is that true? This video just through me for a loop...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's no rule that says you have to leave the babies in the incubator after they hatch, but they probably brought them to the show for seller appeal. If the baby hatches out with quite a bit of yolk sac still remaining, then it wouldn't be a good idea for them to be on that rough substrate, but really, there's nothing wrong with what they've done.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
emysemys said:
There's no rule that says you have to leave the babies in the incubator after they hatch, but they probably brought them to the show for seller appeal. If the baby hatches out with quite a bit of yolk sac still remaining, then it wouldn't be a good idea for them to be on that rough substrate, but really, there's nothing wrong with what they've done.

Ok, cool. I seen the video and was like "huh???". Maybe my mind was over in bearded dragon land :rolleyes:, lol. I have to remember to switch my mind over whenever I switch species...

Status
Not open for further replies.