Question abt pyramiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnM10

5 Year Member
I'd like to start by saying I'm super excited that 2months ago today I received the most adorable little tort <3
Ok so when I first got my sully he already started to pyramid but I've been doing my best to care for him. I just wanted to see if he looks better the same or worse. The first pic is from week 1 and the 2nd pic is from last wk while he was napping. Thanks for your input :)

Attachments

• image-852840946.png
    image-852840946.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image-4287121888.png
    image-4287121888.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 72

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Yes he is looking a lot better, what ever you are doing keep it up.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
For me its hard to tell from those pics. The pattern for pyramiding was pretty well established in that first pic and it might take several months to really that pattern. Don't be discouraged. It might be better right now, and if it isn't, it will be as long as you are doing the right stuff. I had a really bad one that took two years to really turn around and see obvious improvement. Yours is nowhere near as bad as mine was. At five years old now, mine is looking really good. I am sure that yours will too.

MnM10

5 Year Member
Thanks guys :) I look every day to check for any changes. And freak out if I can't tell lol. I just want him healthy as can be. He's growing about half an inch every 2 wks though :D he's almost 5in across. Is that a good growth rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.