Question for anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I do not think that you can compare fast food to cigarettes. Fast food is natural, the buns, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes and what not all come from natural sources. You may not like the way they cook these foods, but they are natural. I, for one, think we need to let people make their own choices about what is good for them and what is not. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I don't drink alcohol, I never had sex before I was married and there are a myriad of other things that I did not and do not do. Because I feel this way, should I impose my beliefs and values onto anyone else? I don't think so. You have a right to choose and I don't feel that choice should be taken away from you. The way I live my life is not popular but I believe it is healthier for me. Having said this, I do not feel that you can compare food to cigarettes. It is like comparing apples to tires. Two entirely different things. If you were to ask is smoking worse for you or is LSD worse for you, then that is more of a comparable or asking is McDonald's worse for you or is Subways worse for you? I think that would be a better comparison but to compare cigarettes to fast food just seems to be incomparable.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Both are obviously extremely bad for you but in my opinion cigarettes are much worse because they not only effect you but everyone around you. You can also work off fast food by exercising and eating healthy meals for breakfast and dinner. There really isn't anything you can do to make yourself not get lung cancer if you're smoking cigarettes.

2nd this.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I don't look at smokers as the lowest of anything and actually think choices made by adults are their own. My husband has asthma which doesn't run in his family so his parents smoking around him did have an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.