Question for Sulcata Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Just wondering how much a 10 year old Sulcata might weigh? We had someone bring one to the school today and I thought it was slightly big to be 10 years old. It's weight was around 40 to 50 pounds. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is pretty small for a ten year old. They can easily reach 80-100 pounds in 10 years. Growth rates vary a lot. There are many factors, but 40-50 pounds would be on the very low end for a 10 year old sulcata. Unless it was a female that has been breeding. Then 50 pounds would not be that far off.

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ya, both my (almost) 5yr olds weigh 40-50lbs. I often hear they are big for their age though haha.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow! I guess I'm way off on Sulcata size because I thought that it was too big for 10 years old. :D The shell looked nice, but I'm sure it did weigh that weight because the girl that brought it to school was so small she wouldn't have been able to pick up one that weighed 80 to 100 pounds and she picked this one up to show to the children. It did look healthy though. I don't know if it was a boy or a girl because I just got to come in and see it after it was put back inside it's carrier. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.