Question on my tortoise's shell

Jessica5

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on shell pigmentation? I am wondering if my tortoise Franklin (who is a one year old Golden Greek) has dark pigmentation spots on his under-belly shell, or if it's something I should be more concerned about like she'll rot?
Thanks!
Jessica

Attachments

• IMG_6524.JPG
    IMG_6524.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

Bee62

Germany
Hello Jessica, and welcome to the forum.
The black spots on your tortoises plastron is no shell rot. They are individual marblings of your tortoise.
Can you show us some pics of the whole tort ?

Jessica5

Wisconsin
Hello Jessica, and welcome to the forum.
The black spots on your tortoises plastron is no shell rot. They are individual marblings of your tortoise.
Can you show us some pics of the whole tort ?
That is great to know, thanks! And of course, he's a tricky one to get good pictures of because he's constantly moving.

Attachments

• IMG_6513.JPG
    IMG_6513.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6519.JPG
    IMG_6519.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

Bee62

Germany
That is great to know, thanks! And of course, he's a tricky one to get good pictures of because he's constantly moving.

She is beautiful and she looks very healthy. Constantly moving is a good sign for health too. How long do you own her ?

Jessica5

Wisconsin
She is beautiful and she looks very healthy. Constantly moving is a good sign for health too. How long do you own her ?
Thank you! I think Franklin is a boy, but I'm not 100% sure, but he/she does have a large tale and some concavity on the plastron (which I think determines the sex) anyways, I have owned Frank since he was a hatchling, and he is now one year old!

Bee62

Germany
Thank you! I think Franklin is a boy, but I'm not 100% sure, but he/she does have a large tale and some concavity on the plastron (which I think determines the sex) anyways, I have owned Frank since he was a hatchling, and he is now one year old!

Sorry for my mistake. By the look on the plastron picture I though that he is a boy too.
So he is beautiful...:)