Rapid growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser-the-Redfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kurihama, Japan
Hey guys,

I have been doing alot of research but I can't seem to find a growth rate chart for a redfoot or a guide line...

Could you guys tell me how fast yours grew? Like grams and inches...

M

Maggie Cummings

I think that you didn't get any responses because you first posted here at 11 PM at night then at 6:30 AM, so those are times that most of us here are sleeping..:)

Also, how they grow depends on how much they are fed and how they are kept. So tortoises kept by different people would grow at different rates. There might be a general growth chart available...and when everybody gets up you might get one:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've seen charts for Mediterranean tortoises, but never seen any for other types.

I've never worried about if my babies are growing like other tortoises do. I just provide the best habitat, food and climate that I can and hope for the best.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
From another post it looks like your torty is 6 months old? Mine at 6 months was 63 grams. Just to put that out there.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My Cherry Head is 6 months old and is 3 1/4 in. I'll weigh her tomorrow....she's in for the night.:D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I've started collecting data to make a growth chart. I've got a lot of data points, but not enough yet.

If anyone wants to help, what I need to get started is the lengths and weights of as many Red-foots as I can OF A KNOWN AGE.

I need to know the approximate region or race (in case there is a difference in Northern, Southern, Cherry-head, etc.), then, as accurately as you can, the...
- weight

If you send me any data, it will be added to a chart WITHOUT your name or anything attached- just plain data- in a table and chart form, probably. I'll publish any chart I can make here, and on my own site.

Status
Not open for further replies.