Really? $350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Haha, yea, that's a.... steal... especially since it needs a completely different enclosure and you would be better off jusst buying the tortoise by itself for less than a hundred bucks from a breeder..

Some people, I swear... think they have a fist full of diamonds when its just a bunch of rocks.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's a rip-off. You can get all that for less than $200 or less. I would be surprised too.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I got an idea! Every time I see a listing on CL for a tortoise, instead of making an offer, I'll just give them a care sheet to pass along to the buyer. This way, perhaps I can help the tortoise get the proper care.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
Where I live I have seen several different types of tortoises that are 300 and up. I've never seen on under that price

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
shelloise said:
Where I live I have seen several different types of tortoises that are 300 and up. I've never seen on under that price

Same. Found a Box turtle here for $800 at petland! Stupid Canada! :p

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
dannel said:
shelloise said:

Same. Found a Box turtle here for $800 at petland! Stupid Canada! :p

No, not stupid Canada,, petland is. Canadian gov's doesn't oversee pet stores, greedy store retailers do.
I have never seen any kind of tortoise in Ontario, manitoba, Sask., and Bc for 800. Most I have seen was 500.

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
Still, boxies for 350 is the lowest I've seen, and thats in Toronto. Compare that to the 65-100 dollar range down south...

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
dannel said:
Still, boxies for 350 is the lowest I've seen, and thats in Toronto. Compare that to the 65-100 dollar range down south...

I agree, what we pay is way to expensive, but unfortunately we are stuck with paying or not having any tortoises. I have no idea what star torts cost in the States, but I know one guy with them in Canada and he sells for 500. I was told the retail mark up is 80-100%.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
shelloise said:
I agree, what we pay is way to expensive, but unfortunately we are stuck with paying or not having any tortoises. I have no idea what star torts cost in the States, but I know one guy with them in Canada and he sells for 500. I was told the retail mark up is 80-100%.

Only 500! Wholly cow, that's cheap! I've only seen a few and 1000 has been the lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.