Rearranged the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianRookie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NorCal
Did a bit of rearranging after his day out. moistened up the mulch too.
DSC03987.jpg

Flipped over the food bowl to use as a plate, much easier for him to eat now.
DSC03985.jpg

DSC03984.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I love how you built up the substrate to give him some hills. I bet he will enjoy climbing on it!
Good idea to flip the dish over!
You may want to use something larger for the water dish- something that he can fit in. My Russian only drinks from his water dish if he's sitting in it :p

RussianRookie

5 Year Member
NorCal
yeah i plan on getting something like those round dishes you put under potted plants to hold water the drips through.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Very nice! I recommend in the long term to get a larger enclosure as well as larger food and water dishes. Torts tend to push their food around and like to sit right on top of it, so you want a large flat surface to keep the food away from the substrate. A $2 slate tile will do the job nicely and also wear down the beak and nails. What about some fake plants or something to create more hides without taking up floor space? I like the burrow. :)

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Half way burrying the hides was ingenious! I will definitely give that a try when I rearrange the enclosures for my guys! Thanks for sharring;)

RussianRookie

5 Year Member
NorCal
I do realize he'll need something bigger but compareed to what he had before, this is much better. I have thought about the larger food tile since he tends to push it around a bit. i was thinking about planting a small fern. i like real plants. just like my aquarium, i refuse to use fake plants lol

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
When I had a russian, that log was her favorite place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.