1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Recipe and food (tort version)

Discussion in 'Tortoise Diet and Food' started by yillt, Jan 9, 2016.

1. lismar79

lismar79 Well-Known Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Ohio USA
    Wonderful idea with the mesh bags @Prairie Mom ! I have been wanting to do similar but am too paranoid about the bad weeds that do grow in my yard..... have you come across this concern at all?
    Prairie Mom likes this.
  2. Pia B

Pia B Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Massachusetts
    I froze grasses and weeds for this winter and I can store more drying it too :)
    Prairie Mom likes this.
  3. Prairie Mom

Prairie Mom Well-Known Member

I recognize most of my weeds so I know I'm okay. Oddly enough I do get the occasional genuine original deadly night shade! I say cut and dry your grass any way, because most stuff is tort safe, you can pick any bad stuff as you cut, and you can always double check before feeding the dry stuff to your tortoise.