Red Eared Slider emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
A friend has a red eared slider thats eyes are shut (i think it is bacterial infection) and isn't eating. I don't know what to do, she is in the part of the world with no access to a vet. I don't think ther even is a pet store there, saying she got her slider at the market. It's Asia, so what do you expect? Anyways, she loves that turtle and it needs vitamins. She only has human supplements and no meat! Help!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
If I was in that situation, i would have very little water in the tank to prevent drowning and keep the temps up, both in the water and basking.
It sounds like a sad situation.
Im not sure what else to say.
Good luck to your friend!

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I lived in China for a while in college, I understand things can be very hard to find in Asia. Amazon has some useful tortoise/turtle supplies (vitamins, Terramycin), would Amazon deliver to your friend's area? You could also try and reach out to some of the members on this forum that are located in Asia, I bet they would be a GREAT resource for finding turtle supplies, as I'm sure they've had similar problems.

Good luck!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Does your friend keep the water heated and the water filtered to keep clean? What size is the turtle?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Closed eyes in a RES usually indicate a RI, do the eyes look puffy? a vet visit is the best way to help it. If a vet is not practical keeping it warm will help. Is it eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.