red foot not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle1029

5 Year Member
So I've offered her food these past 2 days and she hasn't eatin it. Just run of the mill spring mix that she's been chowing down on for a couple months now. Background: About 6-7 years old, 7-8inches long. She was in an 8x8 outdoor pen until yesterday when I decided that it will be less stress to just bring her in for the winter. She is now in a 2x3 bin (I plan on building a 4x4 for indoor housing this year) Temps.: Outside was about 75-85 during the day and about 70 at night. Inside: basking spot of 90, ambient at about 80-85, 75 in the hide and with the lights off at night it all stays at about 75. Humidity- Don't have a probe for outside but i sprayed the whole thing down with the hose just about everyday. same thing with inside except with a spray bottle. Sooo can anyone help? Oh one more thing, I started offering a little cat food for protein instead of moist turtle pellets(i never saw her eating them) and she will eat the cat food plenty, just not her veggies :p

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Heck, she may just be discombobulated by the change. It can take a few days for it to settle in.

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
Madkins007 said:
Heck, she may just be discombobulated by the change. It can take a few days for it to settle in.

I agree, give her a few days to get used to the surroundings. She'll be back to eating in no time.

Kyle1029

5 Year Member
Ok thanks guys! Sorry, I'm a worry wart when it comes to pets because I know things can go from good too bad in a second. Update: I noticed shes spending a lot of time under the heat lamp. Is this a sign of something?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Lots of time in the warm area is often a sign that it wants a little more heat overall.

Kyle1029

5 Year Member
Ok thanks I will raise the temp. a little. Oh and she ate yesterday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.