Red foot owner

Redtorty66

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
hello I’m Jillian from Ohio and I have one baby red foot named watermelon. Looking for some important information I might have missed about red foots and caring for tortoises in general :)

Attachments

• BCF2CFB7-76C4-4DF2-9AD3-127B5A95B1AF.jpeg
    BCF2CFB7-76C4-4DF2-9AD3-127B5A95B1AF.jpeg
    592.8 KB · Views: 26

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
I'm not able to link you because I'm on my phone. But we have a very nice and long list o.k Redfoot foods.
You want temperatures of between 75 at night to a high of 85 during the day.
U.V. light by strip florescent lights. Not bulbs. And a heat source without bright lights. Such as a CHE.
Also, humidity must be over 70%. This is easiest to achieve with a CLOSED CHAMBER enclosure.
I'd replace that red lamp because red lights make things that shouldn't be eaten look like food to a RF.
They are attracted to red things like flowers and fruit.

Redtorty66

Ohio USA
Thank you for the info! I’ve rearranged his enclosure since I’ve taken that picture. My temp is too high and I’m using a humidifier for him instead of misting the enclosure so his shell rot will go away. I don’t have the money for a vivarium right now but I will work on getting a new bulb and covering the top. He’s been doing pretty good but lately he hasn’t been eating much and sleeps all day. I’m learning more and more each day and I’m getting to the point where I’ve got it all down lol.