Redfoot eggs question

red58

Location (City and/or State)
Nesquehoning
Hello, I'm new here and new to the experience of my redfoot laying eggs. I have them in an incubator almost two months and tried candling them but not sure if eggs are fertile. Should it be obvious that there is something inside? I'm afraid to dispose of an egg that may be fertile. And two days ago she laid another 6 -yikes! I was careful to mark and place eggs without rotating etc. I have read and watched a lot of info but any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not good at candling eggs. I've tried different lights, but am never able to see inside. "They" say you can see red blood vessels after a couple weeks. I don't know what you can see at the 2 month stage, like yours are, though. But one thing I've learned after cracking open a preemie, live egg is I never toss them. They either explode or sit there forever in the incubator.

red58

Nesquehoning
I'm not good at candling eggs. I've tried different lights, but am never able to see inside. "They" say you can see red blood vessels after a couple weeks. I don't know what you can see at the 2 month stage, like yours are, though. But one thing I've learned after cracking open a preemie, live egg is I never toss them. They either explode or sit there forever in the incubator.
Ok, then I'll play it safe and just keep them in the incubator. Thanks!