Redfoot not quite himself

muu

Hi. My Redfoot has been quite quiet and subdued this last week. Normally he's up at 7.30am and is up eating and romping around from then until at least lunchtime. This last week he has not been getting up and eating til at least 10am and then only staying out for an hour or so. His temps are 32 degrees centigrade at his warm end and 27 degrees cent at the cooler end. He has coconut husk substrate to dig into and sphagnum moss in his hides. He has a UVA lamp in his warm end and a UVB strip bulb and a CHE in the cooler end. He also has a CHE in the warm end that comes on at night to stop the temp dropping below 24 degrees cent. His humidity normally sits around 80%, and I soak him 2-3 times a week. Over the last few days I have been giving him long warm soaks to get him to poop just incase he is constipated. There's been a lot of movement today! One solid one not so, I'm hoping he'll be back to his old self tomorrow morning. If anyone has any ideas I'll gladly welcome them and give them a go. Thank you

Petedog8

Is that right did you say 32 degrees, that's freezing, no reptile would survive. Hope that's just a typing error.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Try bumping the temps up a little bit. Keep the soaks up. Could be he knows it's winter and he wants to nap. Mine has behaved thhe same way lately. The. Out of the blue he is up all hours of the night just bumping around.