Redfoot Once Over

Chenderson

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, Blackpool
Hey all, my tortoise of 6 weeks, age unknown, sex sold as male, I believe to be female. Weighs 85g, length not yet measured. I'm paranoid about signs of pyramiding, or other issues that I may not have spotted being a rookie. Here are some pics taken today.

WP_20150309_003.jpg
She pooped on Louise! She was not happy when she realised lol.
WP_20150310_010.jpg WP_20150310_005.jpg WP_20150310_007.jpg Nom nom nom.
WP_20150310_013.jpg Oh the shame! I felt so bad haha.
WP_20150310_012.jpg
I think she was more distressed there was still a bit of butternut squash she/he didn't finish.

Chenderson

Lancashire, Blackpool
Thanks Mike, and touché HLogic! Could you make a guess at the sex, also I'm worried about a depression in the vertebrate scutes, not sure if you can see it on the camera. I tried to research this myself, and all I could turn up was a small reference to severe pyramiding on a random site.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
The depression of the vertebral scute is nothing to worry about. It will usually 'fill in' as the tort grows.

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
I don't see any issues! Are you sure your little one isn't a Yellow Foot though? Doesn't look like a Red Foot to me! Gorgeous little one either way ^_^

Chenderson

Lancashire, Blackpool
I don't see any issues! Are you sure your little one isn't a Yellow Foot though? Doesn't look like a Red Foot to me! Gorgeous little one either way ^_^
I thought that myself, but I counted the head scales, and seems to be a redfoot, was sold as a colombian redfoot. Are there any checks you would recommend?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's good to be paranoid in matters like this. Your baby looks fine. I'm assuming that your hands in the top photo are much smaller than mine and that would make your tort about the same size as my smallest....He/She is about 20 months old. Mine yesterday was 115 grams, but it's been raining and he/she was well hydrated and that makes a large difference in weight....

Chenderson

Lancashire, Blackpool
It's good to be paranoid in matters like this. Your baby looks fine. I'm assuming that your hands in the top photo are much smaller than mine and that would make your tort about the same size as my smallest....He/She is about 20 months old. Mine yesterday was 115 grams, but it's been raining and he/she was well hydrated and that makes a large difference in weight....
Those tiny hands are my girlfriends! Haha, good to know for a rough age, thanks for that Zero.

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC