Redfoot/Spreading Pellitory Plant

pblima6

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi, my redfoot seems to like the spreading pellitory that grows wild in my backyard, I can't seem to find anywhere online that says if this is ok or not. This plant is part of the Nettle family, Urticaceae. Anyone know? Thanks!

Mr.pacheco

Missouri
Me personally don’t now but will help you find out also I have some Freainds that helped me I can talk to them and ask if they now if I were you I would not feed them to him or let him eat them you don’t now what harm they can do thankfully if he has been eating and so far there is no effected then he hoppfully will be fine but for the future never feed your tortoise somthing you don’t now is safe 👍🙃

Mr.pacheco

Missouri
I found somthing this kind of plant is toxic to cow and sheep but there is no real evidence that it’s toxic to tortoise then again you should do more research and make sure your a hundred percent before you let him have it

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hi, my redfoot seems to like the spreading pellitory that grows wild in my backyard, I can't seem to find anywhere online that says if this is ok or not. This plant is part of the Nettle family, Urticaceae. Anyone know? Thanks!
Hello!
There is not much info indeed, but it's not apparently toxic (tortoises have no problems with "stings" which affect mammals). All Urticaceae family plants I can see on Tortoise Table can be fed in moderation.

Maybe, @RosemaryDW knows more about these