Redfoot up for Adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hey Rhyno, thanks for the link, I live in Mass and emailed them about Tinkerbell. Did you post the Russian, Fred, somewhere. That face really was precious!!!
Thanks

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I LOVE Tink's face. One of the best RF pics I have ever seen. :)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I'm bummed. I tried to contact them 2x and no answer. Email and phone. Not that I need another RF!!!! But... But...VT is so close......and and ..

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Yes, I called them twice and also reminded them I emailed them asking for the adopt papers.(Their application I mean) I gave a brief bio, so they would have a clue I wasn't a 'kick the tires' type.
Nothing. Oh well who needs another Red foot anyway??
Na

Yes I did,phone call also and I emailed them with some brief bio to insure they didn't think I was an impulse looker.
Oh well who needs another RedFoot anyway!?
Na

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi, the rescue just emailed me to see if I wanted to fill out an adoption for Tunkerbell. These are the prices they came with.
Na
Columbian Red Tail Boa
$ 130.00
Ball Python
$ 75.00
Russian Tortoise
$ 85.00
Red Eared Slider
$ 30.00
Bearded Dragon
$ 65.00
Leopard Gecko
$ 65.00
Red Footed Tortoise
$ 250.00
Sulcata Tortoise
$ 350.00
White Finch BIRD
$ 45.00
Cockatiels BIRD Bonded Pair
$ 135.00

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
IMHO does not sound like a "rescue" But I could be wrong.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That was my thought too. Those are prices consistent with sales. Usually the rescues or animal shelters have a set fee for adopting their animals. Not those high prices.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Hmmm- those prices look consistently twice what I can usually find locally at a pet store. Does not sound like a 'rescue', 'adoption', or even well-run pet store to me.

Ivana Iguana Wisdom and Rescue claims "We are 100% funded by contributions - please consider donating to support our programs" on their site (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/VT62.html), so maybe these are 'suggested donations'?

If they are firm prices, I would wonder how they reconcile being a 501k non-profit organization, the above "100% donations" statement, and the high prices?

I work for a couple of non-profits, but I am not an expert, but asking for donations of materials while selling things for profit seem like conflicting issue.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi,
Yes Mark I agree.
when I spoke to someone from there(finally) She said she will send me the "price list" I said I could provide a very suitable home, but that seemed a little bit steep to me. She said they have many expenses.
Oh well. But how much for a zebra finch, that happens to be white???? They are about 2.00 on craigs list.
Nope, I will watch and when someone truely needs a new home, I would consider another Red Foot. I have 4 now, so what's another??
Na

Status
Not open for further replies.