Redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

5 Year Member
It's guys I already have a marginated who's 1 year old but I'm also considering getting a baby red foot can you tell me the major differences with keeping red foots to marginated .

froggy

5 Year Member
Redfoots

I guys I'll write it in here cus I'm not gettin a reply anywhere else can someone tell me the major differences in keeping marginated to red foots I'm thinking of keeping red foots aswell in a separate table of course any replays would be appreciated :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi "Froggy":

There's no use in adding another thread about the same subject...especially in the "introductions" section. When you don't get a response, you can just type "bump" in a response to your own thread and it brings the question up again for all to read. You haven't received a response because most folks who have read your question (36 so far) don't know the answer. I read it and don't know the answer, so I didn't respond. You just have to wait until someone who knows how to help you reads it and responds.

You can't keep them together anyway, so just learn about redfoots and don't worry how they differ from marginateds. Read all the redfoot stuff in Tortoise Library

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Diet, heat and humidity. Redfoots are omnivores. Since Redfoots are mostly from jungle areas, they prefer temps varying from 75 - 90. They can be kept in cooler 65 temps as long as they have the ability to warm up to the other ranging temps. Would you be keeping the RF outside or inside enclosure? Lighting and heating is easier to keep in an inside vivarium. If you live where humidity is high or constant, your RF will thrive in an outdoor enclosure. They do not like dry desert settings. This is just a start, but I think you can get the idea of some differences.

Hope this helps

froggy

5 Year Member
Thank you to both of you I'm new to the forum ern I'd keep it inside like my marginated I was just wondering wether there a lot harder to keep

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
If you can find a copy of the 2011 Annual Reptiles USA magazine..it has an article on both in it.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Marginated's are a herbivorous tortoise from the mountains of Greece- an area that ranges hot to cold, and is generally rather dry. Red-footeds come from the warm, humid savannahs (although the Brazilian and Gran Chaco forms come from scrub and thorn forests.)

Most people who keep red-footeds struggle a little with the Catch 22 of humidity. They do best in a humid habitat, but excess wetness causes plastron rot and other complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.