Relocating to Fla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well will be relocating end of this month to Fla... Renting a house for the time being until we find the right one to buy..

the house has a nice size fenced yard about 3/4 acre .. so plan on letting them roam.. Noticed temps drop into the mid 60 there at night..will this be an issue.. Will I need to find a way to keep them warmer at night?? Temps are around mid 80 during the day.. Don't want to build anything elaborate as this house is temporary a few month max..

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
I dont know where at in florida you are moving too. But during the winter it can get into the 20's at night... Right now the weather is nice. But we have cold times. I would provide outdoor heating or bring them in.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
where in Florida are you moving? If it's south Florida might temps can be too cold for torts. Day temps are ok, but if u are moving north Florida, u definitely need inside enclosure.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Moving 1 hr south of Orlando ...I guess I will try garage at night with heater.. Don't want anything elaborate as this is temp rental

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Tony the tank said:
Moving 1 hr south of Orlando ...I guess I will try garage at night with heater.. Don't want anything elaborate as this is temp rental

I am just north of orlando in DeLand. What city is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.