Remove him from his hide?

AnimalLady

My big grumplestiltskin Mac finally started using the other hide in his home. I placed it in a way where the sun doesnt beam on it and he cant get rained on.. it also has pretty spider plant babies hanging around the entrance, i think it looks so pretty and natural. Anywho, he refused to use it, little booger... until... YESTERDAY! WOO WOO! Well, lately Mac has been slowing down on his eating, which is cool, its that time of year, fine.. I have been picking him up every other day and placing him on his food pile and he chows down no problem. I also have been soaking him twice a week (instead of once a week like before). Now that he's in that hide, i dont want to take him out of it.. i'm scare he'll feel violated and wont use it again! It took me forever to get him in there! Yesterday was day 2 of no eating and I was suppose to do the normal, pick him up and place him on his pile of food. I didnt do that though.. my question is... what would you do? Would you remove him from his hide or would you just let him come out and eat when he wants?

AnimalLady

and while i'm at it... its normal that he's slowing down on his eating, right?