RES growth rate

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
I have 2 RESes for a month now. When I got them, they were 1.5" but now, one of them remained at 1.5" while the other got to 1.75"

So is this rate (for both of them) normal? Also how do you tell their age? Thanks!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
All babies grow differently! You had them together, for a time, right? The smaller guy probably just needs to catch up.
1.5'' is just a baby... very young! It's impossible to tell you how old they are (like, in months/days) but we can give you an estimate! :D And mine is that they are very young! :p

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
All babies grow differently! You had them together, for a time, right? The smaller guy probably just needs to catch up.
1.5'' is just a baby... very young! It's impossible to tell you how old they are (like, in months/days) but we can give you an estimate! :D And mine is that they are very young! :p
Haha! Okay I was starting to worry about why the other one isn't growing. At this stage, how long will they take to reach 4" where I can tell their gender?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Haha! Okay I was starting to worry about why the other one isn't growing. At this stage, how long will they take to reach 4" where I can tell their gender?
Aquatic turtles can tend to grow aster than torts anyway :D
A year or two? I'd go for sooner, because your little guys seem quite industrious! :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Thanks! Do I still feed them 8-10 pellets (reptomin baby mini sticks) a day? Or should I increase for the bigger guy?
Sure! Are they still gobbling it up? I'd actually still give them both the same amount... fair chances here :D