Revamped enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abclements

5 Year Member
Hey everybody!

Just finished moving into my new apt, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to revamp Franklin's home too! So here are some pics of the new inside of the enclosure! Enjoy

1370149847464.jpg
Overhead view

1370149883108.jpg
Left side, you can see my little rock cave I built for him. I think it's a fun addition

1370149919723.jpg
Right side, under the fake green/yellow leaves is another hid mad of chicken wire, burlap and covered in dirt (hard to see)

1370150069492.jpg
Here a picture of Franklin!

Let me know what you think! Especially if you have any suggestions for me!

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I love the decor! It looks beautiful.

Other than the florescent lighting, is there a heat source?

One suggestion is to ditch the thermometer you have and get some digital temperature probes.
Much more accurate.
OR
Walmart carries a brand Acurite. I bought their thermometer/hydrometer combo for like $9. It also tracks the highs and lows in a 24 hr period.

Wait, is there glass on the top? It looks like a closed chamber to me but now I'm not sure if the top is open.. ?
If it's closed great! If it's open Id also suggest closing it :)

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

abclements

5 Year Member
Haha something I should have noted as well! I was just showing off my decoration skills in this post lol (being a male and an engineering student I'm quite proud that I made it look as nice as I did lol)

But yes, it's a closed chamber, I removed the glass tops so I could get a better picture lol I have a che on a thermostat (I cut a hole in the far right glass panel and it sits on top. I also have all of the measuring equipment you mentioned. I just have the little plastic one in there for a very very basic idea of where my temps and humidity are at. I was one of those very early on purchases before I knew how terribly off they are, but I know, almost exactly, what the temps and humidity are from reading that due to extensive experimentation with my more advanced digital gear and comparing (there's the engineering mind at work lol) Just have to do a little math.

Mich

5 Year Member
What is it made out of? An old cabinet? VERY pretty!!!!! :D

abclements

5 Year Member
It's a coffee table. We had one when I was a kid and when I got my tort, I couldn't stop remembering the old coffee table, do I searched and searched and found one on craigslist for 20 bucks and couldn't help it! I then plexiglassed the sides and put in a tarp then, went about my enclosure as normal.

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Austin, TX
This is very nice, I like all the plants you have in there, plenty of spaces to hide under. Good job. :)

abclements

5 Year Member
Thanks! You'd be shocked to know he uses 1 plant to hide under... I move it anywhere in the enclosure and he will uproot from the little hole he has sung and dig an new one under the recently moved plant lol it's driving me crazy!

abclements

5 Year Member
Thanks! He is really awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.