Russian food and supplements question

Noah101

Location (City and/or State)
Cedar grove nj
hey, I have a couple of questions. how often should I feed my tortoise and how much should I feed my tortoise? also what supplements should I use and how often should I use the supplements? and how much of it should I feed to my tortoise (adult 5 yr old russian tortoise )

Noah101

Cedar grove nj
and should I feed my tortoise mazuri tortoise diet or just stick to greens and occasional fruits. if I should feed mazuri diet how often for my adult Russian

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
hey, I have a couple of questions. how often should I feed my tortoise and how much should I feed my tortoise? also what supplements should I use and how often should I use the supplements? and how much of it should I feed to my tortoise (adult 5 yr old russian tortoise )
Feed the tortoise as much as it will eat every day.

For an adult male, you don't need much supplementation. A pinch of calcium mixed in with chopped greens once a week is plenty. Same for vitamin powder. With a good varied weedy diet, you really don't need any supplementation, but it certainly won't hurt to use a little.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
and should I feed my tortoise mazuri tortoise diet or just stick to greens and occasional fruits. if I should feed mazuri diet how often for my adult Russian
Mazuri is a good supplemental food once or twice a week, but it isn't "necessary".

Fruit should never be fed to a Russian. Its too sugary.

Noah101

Cedar grove nj
Feed the tortoise as much as it will eat every day.

For an adult male, you don't need much supplementation. A pinch of calcium mixed in with chopped greens once a week is plenty. Same for vitamin powder. With a good varied weedy diet, you really don't need any supplementation, but it certainly won't hurt to use a little.
could you recommend me brand for calcium powder?