Russian hurt

Hix2008

5 Year Member
Rescued Russian. By the neck underneath shell is half missing. He/she has a lot of scuffed broken shell missing. What can I do. :( image.jpgimage.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks to be healed/healing. The one under the neck, not sure, keep it clean and you can put an antibiotic on it.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
From the pictures.....looks like some bacteria (shell rot) gone awry .... I would be sure to keep the tort clean....and I would also offer this tortoise LOTS AND LOTS of opportunity to eat....looks a little thin around the legs...and neck area...cute tort by the way :D

Hix2008

5 Year Member
From the pictures.....looks like some bacteria (shell rot) gone awry .... I would be sure to keep the tort clean....and I would also offer this tortoise LOTS AND LOTS of opportunity to eat....looks a little thin around the legs...and neck area...cute tort by the way :D
Should I do daily water soaks? I can't get to the vet until Monday. And yes he looks very under weight.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think this is probably old injuries. The wild caught Russian tortoises go through a pretty awful treatment during capture and shipping, then at the wholesaler waiting to be picked up by the pet store.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Hix2008

5 Year Member
I think this is probably old injuries. The wild caught Russian tortoises go through a pretty awful treatment during capture and shipping, then at the wholesaler waiting to be picked up by the pet store.

747117wei24kafiu.gif
Thanks Yvonne for info