Russian Tort Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaashby15

5 Year Member
003.JPG
HI GUYS!
I just got a Russian tortoise about 4 days ago! I found him on craigslist. He was living in an aquarium (YiKeS!) He had no UVB lighting, he was severely dehydrated, his shell was dry and cracked. Extremely overgrown nails and beak.
Luckily I work at a Vet hospital so I took him into work with me Monday, got the nails and beak trimmed up. Cleaned up his face which was caked in food, and got his shell moisturized! He's now living on a custom built Tortoise table, (thanks to my wonderful husband!) And is getting very spoiled! We named him Pistachio!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi there andreaashby15:

Welcome to the tortoise forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

And may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Good save on the Russian. Nice-looking little guy for the bad conditions you found him in.

andreaashby15

5 Year Member
I live in Oregon so my tort will be indoor mostly except on the nice days in the summer time!
The people found him in the middle of the road approximately 6 years ago. They never even gave him a name! :(

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Welcome! He is a nice looking guy. I live in SW Washington, so any questions about setting up your outside enclosure, let me know. Mine were outside at least 2 months full time last summer (which was quite late, as you may remember), and part time much longer than that. They LOVED it.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
it's great that you took him home and fixed him up, im sure that he'll be right as rain in no time :D and welcome btw

Status
Not open for further replies.