Russian Tortoise Bedroom Enclosure

Ashley Roscoe

Hello all-

I have a Russian tortoise, adult, who needs an upgrade. She is in my bedroom with me, so space is minimal. She does have an outdoor enclosure, but I want to make her indoor enclosure better. I was thinking 2 stories?? I don't know- any ideas will help. I was looking into a large/long plastic bin, but I want it to be ascetically pleasing, as I have friends over and a plastic bin looks bad with my room. Maybe Ideas to cover the plastic bin with wood on the outside?? I'm open to ideas- Thanks!

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I made my tortoise enclosure out of wood and coated the inside with pond liner. The top is plexiglass. Some members have definitely made 2 story enclosures with success, I think it's a great idea. How big do you think you will be able to make it?

Ashley Roscoe

Her current enclousure is 4ftx2ft- (I know- its small. It was for her hatchling enclosure, but she is a tiny full grown female- only about 4 1/2 inches long.)

The rack her cage is on is 4ft long by 2ft. I would like to stay that small so it can stay on the rack, so the dogs can reach it. I can go as tall as I want, but I don't know how.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
if you type '2 levels' into the search feature here you'll get plenty of ideas.
Don't type 'two storey' or '2 storey' or the plurals as you'll find next to nothing.