Russian Tortoise for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcia

5 Year Member
Healthy Russian up for adoption. We've had him for 5 years, and the vet (UW-Madison) guessed his age at about 8 years when we got him. Complete with wonderful habitat, heat lamp and UV light system. Habitat is approximately 3 feet by 4 feet, "table style" with a hinged front for easy cleaning (we built it). My daughter (the owner) leaves for college soon and would like to find a good home for him before she leaves.

We live in the Madison Wisconsin area.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Hello, I have been looking to adopt a Russian. What are you asking for an adoption fee, and are you willing to ship him to Michigan?

Obviously the habitat would not be able to be shipped.

You may PM me if you feel more comfortable discussing this that way.

Kristina

Marcia

5 Year Member
Kristina,

I have no clue on how to safely ship him. Do you? As for an adoption fee, we haven't even considered that.

Marcia

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
There is a thread on that http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-1379.html Hopefully that should give you some idea of how it is done. He would need a heat pack.

Shipping would probably cost about $50 (which I would pay for, obviously) and UPS allows for the shipping of tortoises.

Of course, this would only be if you feel comfortable doing it.

Kristina

Marcia

5 Year Member
Kristina,

Thank you, again, for your interest in adopting Franklin. We ended up finding a fantastic home for him here in Wisconsin. It is a couple who take in Russian tortoises to give them a "forever" home. They have wonderful habitats established, are knowledgeable and will provide first class care for our little guy.

Be well,

Marcia

Status
Not open for further replies.