Russian tortoise poop ok?

UpsideDownTort

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
My Russian tortoise had pooped and peed on his substrate. I had soaked him again today and he pooped, but just wanted to make sure it looks fine. He is my first tortoise, but have had numerous painted turtles/red eared sliders. He is approximately 3 or 4 years old. Diet is kale and spinach(ideas on what else to feed). He gets soaked 2 to 3 times a week and behaves fine. Just curious. Thank you!20171228_133239.jpg20171228_133249.jpg

chemprentice

5 Year Member
Southern California (OC)
My Russian tortoise had pooped and peed on his substrate. I had soaked him again today and he pooped, but just wanted to make sure it looks fine. He is my first tortoise, but have had numerous painted turtles/red eared sliders. He is approximately 3 or 4 years old. Diet is kale and spinach(ideas on what else to feed). He gets soaked 2 to 3 times a week and behaves fine. Just curious. Thank you!View attachment 226210View attachment 226211

The poop looks fine, just like my tortoise poop. I'd feed more than just kale and spinach. I would feed a majority of weeds and leafy greens. My greek likes to eat weeds such as dandelion leaves and flowers, catsear, prickly lettuce, chickweed, and mallow sometimes. For leafy greens, he mostly gets romaine lettuce, spring mix (without spinach), escarole, and sometimes mustard greens, collard greens, and bok choy when I can get my hands on it.

snivloc16

Kansas
The experts can chime in better, but I think spinach is a no feed for tortoises.

UpsideDownTort

Wisconsin
The poop looks fine, just like my tortoise poop. I'd feed more than just kale and spinach. I would feed a majority of weeds and leafy greens. My greek likes to eat weeds such as dandelion leaves and flowers, catsear, prickly lettuce, chickweed, and mallow sometimes. For leafy greens, he mostly gets romaine lettuce, spring mix (without spinach), escarole, and sometimes mustard greens, collard greens, and bok choy when I can get my hands on it.
Thank you so much. He's a very active little guy and so adorable. His name is Chompy Picasso. 20171207_124457.jpg