Russian tortoise too dry?

maxwi42

Hello everybody I am blind and New to pet tortoises and I purchased my boy Russian tortoise Nikoli in August of this year anyways everything has been good so far and we have taken him to the vet about a month ago and he was given a good report but over the last two weeks I forgot to bathe him or missed his enclosure and since it is winter now his enclosure got very dry including the cypress mulch substrate I use for him and when I felt him he had some griddle flaking on his shell . Since then I have been misting his enclosure heavily and bathing him daily and this was on Monday that I noticed it anyways do you guys think this shall flaking could be from him getting to dry and if so will it clear up on its own and how long till he gets better thank U for any input

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's pretty normal for them to get flaky now and the . Don't worry about it. If it's an adult Russian a humidity of 30-50% is good. Your back on track, so all will be fine and it will get better.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I just wanted to say good job for paying attention to your Russian tortoise changes! The above advice is good