Russian Tortoise weight

jansloo

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hello,

I'm new here and from last week I have a tortoise Aya. I feed her good healthy diet but she likes to eat a lot. I found this weight formula and checked her to make sure if she's not overweight but according my math it seems that she is 200 g too skiny which she doesn't seem too. Could you help me out. My calculations below:

That's formula I found: Length X width X height X 0.57 (in mm) = target weight in grams.

she is:
width: 4,25 in = 108 mm
height: 2,9 in = 73 mm
length: 4,5 in = 114 mm

so my math: 108*73*114*0.57= 512 g which seems a lot

She is 327 g so 185 g less, but she looks healthy and strong.

Can you please help me out here?

Also I've heard that you should feed your torts only 3 times a week? Is that true?

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs,CO
Hello,

I'm new here and from last week I have a tortoise Aya. I feed her good healthy diet but she likes to eat a lot. I found this weight formula and checked her to make sure if she's not overweight but according my math it seems that she is 200 g too skiny which she doesn't seem too. Could you help me out. My calculations below:

That's formula I found: Length X width X height X 0.57 (in mm) = target weight in grams.

she is:
width: 4,25 in = 108 mm
height: 2,9 in = 73 mm
length: 4,5 in = 114 mm

so my math: 108*73*114*0.57= 512 g which seems a lot

She is 327 g so 185 g less, but she looks healthy and strong.

Can you please help me out here?

Also I've heard that you should feed your torts only 3 times a week? Is that true?
Torts are natural grazers in the wild, they should have constant access to food. As long as you have enough space for your tort to move around then she will not become overweight.