Russian Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopherhockey03

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Grand Forks
There are two Russian Tortoises in Minnesota they look really rough and look like they need a good home. Heres the description of both.

Mienke is a male Russian tortoise who is about 20 years old. He and his buddy JoJo were surrendered by their previous owner, who moved. Mienke and JoJo are quiet, calm, friendly tortoises who like to be massaged and warmed up when held. These tortoises need a warm, moist environment, such as a terrarium. They eat fruits and veggies every other day and need a water bowl. Calcium and vitamin drops are recommended to supplement their diet.

JoJo is a female Russian tortoise who is about 30 years old. She and her buddy Mienke were surrendered by their previous owner, who moved. JoJo and Mienke are quiet, calm, friendly tortoises who like to be massaged and warmed up when held. These tortoises need a warm, moist environment, such as a terrarium. They eat fruits and veggies every other day and need a water bowl. Calcium and vitamin drops are recommended to supplement their diet.

For more information, please call the pet line at 952-368-3553 and leave a message and phone number. A volunteer will return your call.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21529821

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Where are these Russians coming from? Aren't they all sleeping back east? There aren't any out here right now.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I don't hibernate mine - our climate is too wet, it is just asking for them to drown or get sick.

Poor babies. Someone needs to tell them to stop giving the fruit. That poor big ole girl has some wicked MBD going on, too.

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
I hope they find a good home too. I am glad that there are rescues out there to help animals in need. As the previous post stated, they should not be eating fruit.

Turtleman19

5 Year Member
I'm looking for a russian I love turtles and live in a perfect climate
804-912-3367

theresal said:
I hope they find a good home too. I am glad that there are rescues out there to help animals in need. As the previous post stated, they should not be eating fruit.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Turtleman:

This thread was about a re-posted ad. The tortoise isn't for sale by any of our members. You can click on the link in the first post and get the info about the seller.

David.kim

5 Year Member
I called a week ago to adopt these guys. They told me they have been adopted

Status
Not open for further replies.